Sunday, February 28, 2010

Favourite rides, Melbourne, Australia

There are so many times on so many rides that my concentration is broken, albeit briefly, by the beauty and serenity that surrounds me. Most of the time I think it would be great to show these serene and beautiful nooks and crannies to those close to me. Then, my focus returns to my riding and all the scenery seems to disappear in a world of concentration. Most of the time I forget what I saw and all the thoughts I decided I surely needed to remember but never do. Stopping to take pictures rarely happens because it breaks concentration and can destroy motivation on a ride.  I have read a quote from a pro cyclist, George Hincapie, who, when asked about being able to travel and see the world, he said it’s not like traveling the world because he didn’t remember much else besides the racing, pain, and the back of some guy's butt. Well, I have made a conscious effort to pull over and snap a few shots for all to get a glimpse into a day of my riding life.  Here are three days of my riding life, in a three-part series from three of my favourite rides around Melbourne.

No comments:

Post a Comment