Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Week 3: A heavy week of training. Heavy on the mind.

Pretty self explanatory. This week was nearly all training. And mentally, the same as physically, it was exhausting. My body and my mind needed a rest just as big to recover.
Kat and her sister left town and would be gone for two weeks from the beginning of this week. I’m in the house, alone, and left to fend for myself. I know, so sad for me. I don’t like the fending for myself idea, but I did think it might be good to have some alone-time. Just the opposite, with most of my days filled with solo riding I needed to have some human contact! No cell phone and no one to hang out with, it was a rough week. By the end of it, I was getting to be “overtrained.” With overtraining comes poor sleep, depression, and other not-so-fun stuff like brittle nails. The pantry and I had it out most nights. I’m yet to determine a victor but there is a Costco size tub of smoked almonds and Nutella that know better than to talk back.
As for the training, knowing most of my routes by now and enough to wing it, I was able to focus on the rides, producing some quality time in the saddle. Over the weekend I absolutely had to find a bunch ride. Happily, I did, which also became part of the highlight to my week.

No comments:

Post a Comment