Monday, February 22, 2010

Shrove Tuesday

Otherwise known as Fat Tuesday, the "traditional" pancakes were hot in the running for dinner but we purchased a tub o’ ricotta that needed to be used, which tipped the scales to sweet and savory crepes. I love crepes --and I definitely love pancakes, but breakfast-for-dinner is pushing it for me. Oh, the agony I must endure. I knew I had to take one for the team this time.

Not wanting to break tradition on pleasantly plump Tuesday, I stuffed my face. Good thing I rode near four hours and had about a 2200 kcals deficit at dinner time. The shrimp crepes began with the trifecta of creole cooking and the ricotta was sweetened with honey, sugar and almond extract matched with smothering lemon curd all over the crepe to start. Dessert...yes, dessert, was a now-frozen chocolate meringue from the flower and chocolate day because it's so rich barely a third was eaten the first go. Feeling round on the Fat Day indeed.
As for Lenten sacrifices, alcohol is officially out of my diet, and will continue to be through the rest of my cycling season. Yes, yes, since training I have cut most alcohol out of my diet, but from time to time I will partake. Now it's time to get serious about the racing season, and this is the best way to start. A little sacrifice for a big one...

No comments:

Post a Comment