Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Highlight of the week (11-17 Jan).

Being recognized, by my kit, as a Georgian on the Saturday group ride. I’m riding along and out of nowhere I hear, “Hey, are you from Georgia?” A bit of a trip. Turns out this Pro rider used to ride for Jittery Joes and lived in the Atlanta area.
We got to chatting and both had a big ride to finish this day. We decided to roll on to the “Dandys” (Dandenongs) after the group ride. On our way out we stopped by a unique café/bike shop for a coffee. Story goes, one of the city’s best bike mechanics happens to really like, and make, a good cup of coffee too. Opens up a coffee shop and pairs it to a high end bike shop. I will reiterate, high end. This place is clean. No greasy this and that, only primo bikes and coffee. Quality combo if you ask me. Worth noting, on the way back, we happen to come across brand new ProTour signee, for FootOn-Servetto team, to chat. Nice kid. When all was said and done for the day, I rolled into home with 125 miles for the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment