Monday, February 15, 2010

Good beans and a French press.

The French Press, It’s my new discovery in coffee lore. As a gift for Christmas, I was given this jewel, twice! Once in the States and again in Aussie. What a cup of coffee it makes, especially with a quality bean. Drip coffee, you just got dropped, never to return (ok, maybe when I Really need you).
The Press, and there is an art to this, makes a smoother feeling cup and really brings out the flavours of a bean. And for a guy who loves coffee as much as I do, it’s joyous every time. Given you have quality beans…After waking up each morning, during my long, lonely and arduous weeks of training, to terribly tasting coffee (yes, even with The press) I decided I could take no more. The training is too long and too hard not to wake up to good coffee. I need something fantastic to help me out of bed at 4:15am. Finally, I broke down and bought some decent coffee. Which, I found at Jasper Coffee and Seven Seeds, two places that buy and roast their beans. If anyone wants to know, I like the single origin coffee Dominican Republic Barahona and blend 10 from Jasper ;) I’m also anticipating the Mexican and blend 5 would be nice to try...As well as the Colombia Popayan and Ethiopia Sidamo. My coffee tastes involve the components full body/bold, smooth and cocoa/chocolate; and to shake it up a bit, one adds a little spicy (hence, the Mexico Chiapas). For all you Ethiopian and Kenyan Peaberry people, who know nothing of coffee, I learned as a child to not eat things like, dirt, “Earthy tones,” and flowers. Sugar and cocoa, what else needs to said.  Seven Seeds (pics posted), also brings a bike friendly atmosphere as well as being a place for coffee geeks. I have my eye on a few single origins from SS but after I finish my curiosities at Jasper. Ok, just wanted to say, I love coffee and my new French Press.



No comments:

Post a Comment