Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Traveling Stress: Learning a new route.

I will have to say, one of the hardest parts of traveling is learning where to ride. It’s amazingly stressful to get up everyday and try to map out where to ride, but all the while, not really knowing where it is you are ACTUALLY going. Add, specific length and type of workout, making for at least an hour of planning every morning. Once on the ride, one doesn’t really settle into a good rhythm. Too busy thinking about where to turn next and, “am I lost?” On top of this, a most unexpected and unwelcome dilemma: finding a restroom and water. Yes, really. Most grocers and even gas stations do not have public toilets or fountains. No one. I mean it. You have to look for, very little, blue signs in unexpected places to point you off your path and towards the general direction of the facilities. It’s not always obvious where they may be hiding--even when following the signs. I’m getting better at “spotting-the-potty” but, I admit, I didn’t drink or much else on my rides the first week.

No comments:

Post a Comment