Thursday, April 28, 2011

Ready to Roll... Early Season Peak and Racing is Here.

This weekend: Athens Twilight and Roswell Criteriums.   Sunday is noteworthy as I will be competing against some of the best US racers in the Pro/1 category in Historic Roswell, GA at 6pm.  These are big races yet they are not my main focus but the final tune-up to Joe Martin Stage Race in Fayetteville, Arkansas next week.  Since Battenkill, unfortunate as it may have been, I did not lose any confidence against my competitors and I have put in some serious hours in preparation for Joe Martin --and feeling stronger still.

Next Week:  Joe Martin Stage Race.  A few team mates and myself will be driving out early Monday to Arkansas.  The race starts Thursday but pre-race scouting and recovery is paramount.  Joe Martin is a four day affair starting with a 2.5 miles, 6.8%, uphill time trial on Thursday.  Followed by two 100mile Road Races packed with about 6000 feet of climbing per day.  In comparison, the sawtooth course of Battenkill was ~6000 feet in 80miles.  And, Sunday, the final day, will be a 60min criterium.

Speedweek: http://usacrits.com/speedweek/
Athens Amateur Qualifiiers: 12:25pm. (On the Greenway)
Amateur Finals: 6pm (downtown Athens)
Roswell: 6pm (Historic Roswell)

I will be in the Men 1,2 category.

No comments:

Post a Comment